Monday, March 7, 2011

The results are in!

I had to blog about yesterday's Fight for Air 10k race as soon as they posted the results. I am thrilled because I finished under my goal time (one hour) with a time of 55 minutes flat. I placed third in my age division (out of seven). There were 52 female runners and I finished 12th overall. Not bad for my first race in 15+ years.


Me after the race. I am smiling because it was fun!


I wore a new shirt that I designed for the practice, special for the race, but with extras for the staff. For wearing this my boss donated $100 as one of my sponsors.


After about two miles I think , still happy (not pushing hard enough?). Like I said, it was fun.


After about 5.5 miles, not so happy anymore. I might have tried to smile, but it looks more like a grimace. Still going strong, ready for the finish!

The race was definitely worth it. I did it for the cause, and I raised $450 for the American Lung Association. It was a lot of fun and I may now be hooked to racing. I bet I'll do another as soon as my body recovers from this one!

No comments: